Date(s) - 05/24/2020
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
Number of Attendees: 11
ONLINE: URL to Join on Society’s Zoom will be posted here as a comment. This Zoom meeting is for Society members and their guests. You will need to have installed the Zoom app and have a userID on Zoom to gain access to our Zoom meeting.
Description: This Society meeting is a primer for our Society’s beginners to advanced (yes, advanced can both help and potentially learn new things). It may sometimes seems daunting to the very novice, but hang in there. Lots of help is all around you. While Moses is the main instructor, Dave B. and a few others have volunteered as an assistant instructors. They will sometimes lead lessons. Any one of the designated instructors may lead this Society meeting. They’ll also help those attending this session practice the signature songs using the basic chords. It will start 45 min before any of our main scheduled meetings (e.g. 2nd Sunday NVUS Group Lessons or 4th Sunday NVUS Jams).
- Lesson Package 01: at a minimum
- Lesson Packages 02 and 03: these basically are the same as 01 but in the keys of F and G, respectively
- Strums and Rhythms cheat sheets
- Scales: certainly C scale but may also cover scales in F and G.
- Basic major and 7th chords: used many of the jams songs, but in all of our signature songs, and practice exercises.
- Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, G7, C, F, C5, F, G7, C representing the harmony (chords) for the notes sung as do, re, mi, fa, and so on
- Harmonized Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C representing the harmony (chords) for the scale notes.
Other readings, pamphlets, cheat sheets on our website.
- Ukulele Practice Finger Exercises (chromatic walks)
- Blues Progression Cheat Sheet
- Hawaiian Language Primer by Tonya Dale (NVUS has reprint permission by author)
- Associated audio files in the Audio Catalog
Bookings are closed for this event.
- David Bartell
- Moses Kamai
- Manuel Vera
- Hedi Kamai
- Pam Bettcher
- Tamara Hatley
- Jean Schachner
- John King
- Paul Bigelman
- Daniel Aloisi