Date(s) - 03/26/2023
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
Number of Attendees: 7
PSA: We are now meeting in person at Ono Brewing Company’s Offshore facility. We will do our best to do both Live and Virtual (Zoom) — focus will be on the LIVE. Same Zoom link as shown here for those wishing to continue via Zoom. Otherwise, see really hope to see you at Ono Offshore.
Attend smartly. Please respect others around you is all we ask. This location can seat about 50 plus the support staff and NVUS leadership. We’ll give you as much space as we can, given the space we use for both stage and Audio-Visual gear.
NVUS Primer’s and Lesson’s for Society members will be conducted via Zoom using different Zoom ID links. Group Lessons, Jams and Open Mic are also live and virtual — focus on the live. See the event on the schedule for details.
ONLINE: This Society Primer meeting Live and on Zoom is for Society members and will cover beginner to intermediate ‘ukulele skills. Focused on group playing. Useful for more advanced members, too. Click this link to be taken to the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88089892701?pwd=RnJTYktoT0diWG8zLzR1KzgyZklCdz09
Description: This Society meeting is a primer for our Society’s beginners. It may sometimes seem daunting to the very novice but hang in there. Lots of help is all around you. While Moses is the main instructor, Dave B. has volunteered as an assistant instructor who leads lessons on occasion. Other Society members can volunteer to lead this Society meeting. These instructors may also help those attending this session practice the signature songs using these basic chords. It will start 45 min before any of our main scheduled meetings (e.g. 2nd Sunday NVUS Group Lessons or 4th Sunday NVUS Jams).
- Lesson Package 01: at a minimum
- Lesson Packages 02 and 03: these basically are the same as 01 but in the keys of F and G, respectively
- Strums and Rhythms cheat sheets
- Scales: certainly C scale but may also cover scales in F and G.
- Basic major and 7th chords: used many of the jams songs, but in all of our signature songs, and practice exercises.
- Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, G7, C, F, C5, F, G7, C representing the harmony (chords) for the notes sung as do, re, mi, fa, and so on
- Harmonized Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C representing the harmony (chords) for the scale notes.
Bookings are closed for this event.
- John Schrotel
- Catherine Miranda
- Marianne Bernhard
- David Bartell
- Susan Pauly
- John King
- Ly Vick-Johnson