Date(s) - 05/19/2019
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm
Number of Attendees: 14
Note: All NVUS Primer schedules kept to 3:15-3:45 pm at sponsor’s request
Description: This Society meeting is a primer for our Society’s beginners. It may sometimes seems daunting to the very novice, but hang in there. Lots of help is all around you. While there is always a main Society instructor on the stage, there are other more advanced Society members to help the main instructor. Moses Kamai is the main Society instructor who has David Bartell, Christy Kinder, Larry Burke, Jessica Suchecki, and others help and sometimes lead lessons. Any one of the these may lead this Society meeting. When available, they will also help those attending this session practice the signature songs using these basic chords. It will start 45 min before any of our main scheduled meetings (e.g. 2nd Sunday NVUS Group Lessons or 4th Sunday NVUS Jams).
- Lesson Package 01: at a minimum (click here).
- Lesson Packages 02 and 03: these basically are the same as 01 but in the keys of F and G, respectively (click here for lesson 2 and here for lesson 3)
- Strums and Rhythms cheat sheets [basically any cheat sheet or primer in the File Folder – Lesson Pamphlets, Booklets, and Sheets are useful for a Primer: //www.nova-uke.org/downloads/#63-lesson-pamphlets-booklets-sheets –> click here]
- NVUS Songbook Chord (progression) [basically a songbook crib sheet of chords — still need a chord chart or chord book if you don’t know the chords — best is to look at your other Society member’s hands and maybe ask them later: To go to the folder click here]
- Scales: See the Lesson Packages which have scales C, F, and G as part of the lesson.
- Basic major and 7th chords: used many of the jams songs, but in all of our signature songs, and practice exercises. (TBP – to be published)
- Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, G7, C, F, C5, F, G7, C representing the harmony (chords) for the notes sung as do, re, mi, fa, and so on. (See the Lesson Packages which have scales C, F, and G as part of the lesson)
- Harmonized Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C representing the harmony (chords) for the scale notes. (See the Lesson Packages which have scales C, F, and G as part of the lesson)
Don’t forget, we’ll focus on the preparing Society members to be on stage for the ViVA Vienna on Sunday, May 26 (next week Sunday [today is May 18th] at 10 AM — AND — and opportunity for two (2) full dress rehearsals with the Society’s Ensemble at Ono Brewing Co. at 2PM next Saturday, May 25. Below is the set list that we’ve been teaching from over the last month. Copies of the set list will be made available at this Society meeting. See you soon!
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Moses Kamai
- Mary Kay Stine
- Bob Gibson
- Pat Schneider
- Donna Cozart
- Larry and Linda Burke
- Rudi rudolph
- Mary Polydys
- John Dodds
- Rebecca Eng
- Annette Delgado
- Ellen Mahan
- John King
I’ve made copies of the entire set list to include songs the Society will be singing during the ViVA Vienna performance. It’s first come-first served. I do ask that if you have NO intentions of performing, that you refrain from taking a copy and share with the person next to you. by the way, version 1.2 of the set list, also complete set, is now uploaded to the Jams Catalog.
It’s in the NVUS Jams Catalog (see Files | Download | NVUS Jams Catalog), but here’s the direct link: //www.nova-uke.org/download/59/nvus-jams-catalog/2978/20190526-nvus-nvue-joint-show-viva-vienna-set-list-v1-1.pdf