Date(s) - 11/17/2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Number of Attendees: 9
A Northern Virginia Ukulele Society (NVUS) monthly hosted meeting where Society members and the public ukulele aficionados can excel!
All instruments welcome but the ukulele must be present and played!
Since this is your home turf, it affords the intermediate and advance Society members to practice being on a stage as a soloist, duo/duet, trio, or larger. Preference is less than 5 because of stage size. BUT… NVUS Beginner’s are encouraged to sign up — if you like to get feedback (stage coaching), let the MC know. They will alert the advanced or performers in the line up to assist in “stage coaching.”
Even if you don’t want to perform, come hear your fellow members who do brave the stage. Encourage them or stay to learn what they do to be on stage, how they have arranged their music for performance, and the tools they use to help embellish the song.
At this ukulele open mic, you can count on the standard co-hosts, Moses K. and David B. Occasionally we may have other Society members host as the month’s MC. We’ll even back you on request as long as we have your lead sheet (chord sheet).
NVUS Open Mic Rules:
- Three (3) songs or 10 minute limit per signed up set.
- Multiple sign ups are allowed if time permits.
- Sign up sheet will generally be on the leaders table (front right of the stage as you face the stage). Please keep this table clear for the Society leaders, sound engineer, and MC.
- NVUS Open Mic MC or host will arrange the line up — check to order board to see when you perform in the line up. Generally, the stack is beginners first and advanced or performers last.
- NVUS Open Mic MC will introduce you or your group. The name of the person or group will be introduced when they are ready to play.
- Music stands, stools, and mikes will be available. Mic’s will be for vocals (of course)… unless its an ukulele instrumental solo (no singing). So sing if you like, or not.
Let’s Have some Fun! Enjoy the Music and Camaraderie!
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Joyce Doyle
- Sandy O'Shea
- Kevin Hearle
- David Bartell
- Lyle Reger
- Brian Owsenek
- Car McKenna