Date(s) - 08/23/2020
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
Number of Attendees: 10
PSA: Until we have a clear indication of conducting our regularly scheduled meetings at Ono Brewing Co., we will continue to have our meetings virtually. NVUS Primer’s and Lesson’s for Society members will be conducted via Zoom. Jams will be open to the public and streamed Live via YouTube. NVUS Open Mic will be conducted using a combination of technologies and streamed on Facebook Live.
ONLINE: This Zoom meeting is for Society members and will cover beginner to intermediate ‘ukulele skills.
Click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88999836316?pwd=T2hrOE1HMmNKeGV0OUU2REtTc1dCUT09
Description: This Society meeting is a primer for our Society’s beginners to advanced (yes, advanced can both help and potentially learn new things). It may sometimes seems daunting to the very novice, but hang in there. Lots of help is all around you. While Moses is the main instructor, Dave B. and a few others have volunteered as an assistant instructors. They will sometimes lead lessons. Any one of the designated instructors may lead this Society meeting. They’ll also help those attending this session practice the signature songs using the basic chords. It will start 45 min before any of our main scheduled meetings (e.g. 2nd Sunday NVUS Group Lessons or 4th Sunday NVUS Jams).
- Lesson Package 01: at a minimum
- Lesson Packages 02 and 03: these basically are the same as 01 but in the keys of F and G, respectively
- Strums and Rhythms cheat sheets
- Scales: certainly C scale but may also cover scales in F and G.
- Basic major and 7th chords: used many of the jams songs, but in all of our signature songs, and practice exercises.
- Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, G7, C, F, C5, F, G7, C representing the harmony (chords) for the notes sung as do, re, mi, fa, and so on
- Harmonized Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C representing the harmony (chords) for the scale notes.
Other readings, pamphlets, cheat sheets on our website.
- Ukulele Practice Finger Exercises (chromatic walks)
- Blues Progression Cheat Sheet
- Hawaiian Language Primer by Tonya Dale (NVUS has reprint permission by author)
- Associated audio files in the Audio Catalog
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Manuel Vera
- Paul Bigelman
- Sophia Kelly
- Moses Kamai
- Bob Gibson
- Hedi Kamai
- Beverly H Fine
- Alan Cyr
- John King
A reminder for all — you have to download the Zoom application (not go through the browser interface). Then you need to sign up for a free account on Zoom — remember this ID (usually your email) and password. Then when you click on the link from your email or this site, it should start your application (not the browser interface) and automatically sign you into the Zoom session.
please see the Zoom ID for today — not the same as 2nd Sunday’s
Corrected Zoom ID for today’s Primer
Where do I find the zoom I’d?
Top of page on this event
Updated as virtual event. Zoom ID posted — remember! Primer on Zoom, Jams on YouTube, Open Mic on Facebook — check events on calendar.