Date(s) - 08/28/2022
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
Number of Attendees: 13
PSA: We are meeting in person now at Ono Brewing Company’s Offshore until a change occurs. We will do the best that we can to do both Live and Virtual (Zoom) — focus will be on the LIVE. Same Zoom link as shown here for those wishing to continue via Zoom for the Primer. Otherwise, see you at Ono Offshore.
Attend smartly. We will not ask for your vax card, nor ask if you have been vaccinated. Respect others around you is all we ask. We can comfortably seat about 20-30 with social safe distancing (I think). There is a table in front of the leaders/teachers, please stay more than 3′ from the table. We’ll give you as much space as we can.
NVUS Primer’s and Lesson’s for Society members will be conducted via Zoom using different Zoom ID links. Jams and Open Mic are also live and virtual. See the event on the schedule for details.
ONLINE: This Zoom meeting is for Society members and will cover beginner to intermediate ‘ukulele skills.
Click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86578525055?pwd=WS83eGZhYXZWaU80MUZlUStWVlhRUT09 (For 4th Sunday!)
Description: This Society meeting is a primer for our Society’s beginners. It may sometimes seems daunting to the very novice, but hang in there. Lots of help is all around you. While Moses is the main instructor, Dave B. and Sandy O. have volunteered as an assistant instructors who also sometimes lead lessons. Any one of the 3 may lead this Society meeting They’ll also help those attending this session practice the signature songs using these basic chords. It will start 45 min before any of our main scheduled meetings (e.g. 2nd Sunday NVUS Group Lessons or 4th Sunday NVUS Jams).
- Lesson Package 01: at a minimum
- Lesson Packages 02 and 03: these basically are the same as 01 but in the keys of F and G, respectively
- Strums and Rhythms cheat sheets
- Scales: certainly C scale but may also cover scales in F and G.
- Basic major and 7th chords: used many of the jams songs, but in all of our signature songs, and practice exercises.
- Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, G7, C, F, C5, F, G7, C representing the harmony (chords) for the notes sung as do, re, mi, fa, and so on
- Harmonized Chorded Scales: In the key of C – C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C representing the harmony (chords) for the scale notes.
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Moses Kamai
- Jasmin Khangura
- John Schrotel
- Kalani Cotner
- Jessika Ranard
- Bob Gibson
- Sharon Peters
- Anne Whitten
- Catherine Miranda
- Theresa Derr
- John King
- Heidi Conradt