Date(s) - 09/28/2019
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Number of Attendees: 14
Calling all Society Members!
We have been invited to participate in the Ono Brewing Company’s 2nd Anniversary and their 2nd Annual Luau. The NVUS Ensemble (NVUE) will be performing and we need volunteers to man our Society booth. We need continuous manning from 1:30pm to 6:00pm. Our Society Booth may have some of our sponsors present or at least some of their brochures available. The booth will be a 10×10 tent with table. You may need to bring chairs. See uniform ideas below.
Entertainment schedule 1:00-8:00 PM.
NVUS Performance Time(s) 1:30 PM.
NVUE Performance Time(s) 3:30 PM.
Booth times 1:00-5:30pm. May be people helping man the booth from our sponsors but an Society member volunteer should always be in the booth to provide public information on the following.
- Northern Virginia Ukulele Society (NVUS) includes NVUS Education Outreach, NVUS Ensemble Q&A, and general membership activities. We will have both General, Education Outreach, and Ensemble information brochures available for volunteers to talk to the Luau attendees
- Music Spectrum School for the Arts (sponsor) – Ukulele and other music instrument lessons [Sponsors: weekly rehearsal space for the NVUS Ensemble]
- NOVA Music Center (sponsor) – Ukulele and other music instrument lessons, instruments and instrument repair, studio recording, and printed music [Sponsors: 10% discount on instruments, 20% discount on printed material for NVUS members]
- Society members who have the older NVUE T-Shirts are certainly welcome to wear them. Ensemble members will be wearing either the NVUE Sapphire or NVUE Kiwi Green when not dressed for the performance. Of course, Aloha shirts are the wear of the day.
|1 – Nani and Keith Lowery||12:50||1:00|
|2 – Northern Virginia Ukulele Society||12:40||1:30|
|3 – Talofa Guys||12:30||2:00|
|4 – Halau O ‘Aulani||12:20||2:30|
|5 – Northern Virginia Ukulele Ensemble||12:10||3:00|
|6 – E Ala E Hawaiian Cultural Center||12:00||3:30|
|7 – David Hale and Dave Fiely||11:50||4:00|
|8 – HSS Ukulele Hui||11:40||4:30|
|9 – Halau Nohona Hawai’i||11:30||5:00|
|10 – Josh Gabonia||11:20||5:30|
|11 – Ramon Camarillo||11:10||6:00|
|12 – Halau Ho’omau I Ka Wai Ola O Hawai’i||11:00||6:30|
|13 – Kupono||10:50||7:00|
|14 – The Aloha Boys||10:40||7:30|
- Food/Drink: We are making some changes this year regarding food. Odd BBQ will serve food from their normal indoor space and not a tent outside so this will alleviate the problems of long food lines blocking the view of the performances. We will have a food and drink buffet table set up for the performers in the backstage changing area that Odd BBQ will re-stock half-way the day. Performers will be able to fix a plate, grab a drink and head outside to enjoy the event. The backstage food/drink is for PERFORMERS ONLY. Family members and friends of the performers will need to purchase food from Odd BBQ. No outside food or drink are allowed to be brought into the event.
- Performer tent: We will reserve a large tent for performers/ohana to sit at. We encourage you to bring additional outdoor chairs since seating at the event will be limited since we are expecting a large crowd.
- Check-in/parking information: We are charging a small fee for attendees to the event. All performers/vendors will get in for free. (Also – parents of our keiki performers will get in free). With over 100 performers attending last year and over 500 attendees, parking was limited last year. We would like to reserve as much of the parking surrounding Ono Brewing for our customers. If performers can plan to park in the lot across Daly Drive (indicated with a yellow square) or at Grace Covenant Church at 4600 Brookfield Corporate Drive, that would MUCH appreciated! From either parking area, it is a short walk to ONO. Performers can enter the Brewery through the employee entrance to access the men’s and women’s changing areas/backstage area. Please also check-in at one of the ticket sales tables at either end of the blocked off parking lot and get your FREE wristband to access the main event area. If you have a large amount of items to carry, you can drive up to the area indicated by the yellow areas and then unload and move car to the parking areas.
Bookings are closed for this event.
- David Bartell
- Moses Kamai
- Ellen Mahan
- Jessica Suchecki
- Rebecca Eng
- Catherine Miranda
- Rivkah Bryk
- Annette Delgado
- Larry and Linda Burke
- Brian Owsenek
- Denise Geyer