Date(s) - 09/29/2018
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Number of Attendees: 2
Calling all Society Members!
We have been invited to participate in the Ono Brewing Company’s Anniversary and their 1st Annual Luau. The NVUS Ensemble (NVUE) will be performing and we need volunteers to man our Society booth. We need continuous manning from 1:30pm to 8:00pm (or when we call it after 6:00pm because of lack of natural light). Our Society Booth will also have some of our sponsors (to be confirmed) or at least some of their brochures available. The booth will be a 10×10 tent with table. You may need to bring chairs. See uniform ideas below.
There is a cover charge: $15.00 on site (save $5.00 when purchased online: click here)
NVUE Performance Time(s) 2:30pm.
Entertainment schedule 2:00-9:00pm.
Booth times 1:00-5:30pm. May be people helping man the booth from our sponsors but an Society member volunteer should always be in the booth.
- Northern Virginia Ukulele Society (NVUS) includes NVUS Education Outreach, NVUS Ensemble Q&A, and general membership activities. We will have both General, Education Outreach, and Ensemble information brochures available for volunteers to talk to the Luau attendees
- Music Spectrum School for the Arts (sponsor) – Ukulele and other music instrument lessons [Sponsors: weekly rehearsal space for the NVUS Ensemble]
- NOVA Music Center (sponsor) – Ukulele and other music instrument lessons, instruments and instrument repair, studio recording, and printed music [Sponsors: 10% discount on instruments, 20% discount on printed material for NVUS members]
- Society members who have the older NVUE T-Shirts are certainly welcome to wear them. Ensemble members will be wearing either the NVUE Sapphire or NVUE Kiwi Green when not dressed for the performance. Of course, Aloha shirts are the wear of the day.
More to follow — watch this event periodically for updates.
- 2:00 Nani and Keith Lowrey
- 2:30 Northern Virginia Ukulele Ensemble (Moses Kamai)
- 3:00 Talofa Guys (Jim Mihori and Wendell Yee)
- 3:30 Halau O ‘Aulani
- 4:00 David Hale and Dave Fieley
- 4:30 HSS Ukulele Hui (Carol Takafuji)
- 5:00 Halau Nohona Hawai’i
- 5:30 Josh and Gabby
- 6:00 Ramon Camarillo
- 6:30 Halau Ho’omau I Ka Wai Ola O Hawai’I (Manu Ikaika Strong)
- 7:00 Kupono (Alan Distajo and Randy Correa)
- 7:30 The Aloha Boys
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Moses Kamai
- David Bartell
Paul Bigelman- Hi It’s Pam! I forgot your email that you told me yesterday. Could you please email me at email@example.com Thank you!
Kim and I will be attending. I would like to volunteer to help man the table. Looking forward to this !
Pam, that’s great. Will send schedule soon. What time can you be there?