NoVa Music Center
Members get discounts: 20% on printed music, 10% on instruments. They also have uke lessons!
Music Spectrum School for the Arts
Society’s Ensemble rehearsal space, performance venue space. They also have uke lessons!
Who are we?
The Northern Virginia Ukulele Society (NVUS) is a fun social club for all levels of ukulele experience. Our regular monthly club schedule has something for everyone:
- 2nd Sunday: A Member’s ukulele Primer followed by Member’s Group Lesson
- 4th Sunday: A Member’s ukulele Primer followed by Member’s Songs and Jams, ending with an open to the public Ukulele Open Mic
What do we do?
Our passion is to 1) teach our members to play and have fun with the instrument, 2) give back to the community in forms of performances or educational outreach, 3) show case members as individuals or groups at its open mic, 4) promote music via the ukulele with the ambassadors of the Society, the Northern Virginia Ukulele Ensemble.
Our Society’s goals are to:
- Cater to all levels of music ability from beginner to virtuoso (none in our group yet at the virtuoso level, unless they’ve been hiding in the shadows).
- To stimulate interest, promote, educate, socialize, and demonstrate the musical arts surrounding the ukulele and generally to further the appreciation of the ukulele, including without limitation by means of educational programs, workshops, concerts and similar events and activities.
- To be a social organization for the exchange of experience, knowledge and camaraderie relating to the ukulele.
- To engage in affairs of interest to the membership so long as these activities are consistent with the Society’s nonprofit tax-exempt status.
- To promote favorable relationships with the public and other music enthusiast clubs or organizations.