Date(s) - 06/30/2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Number of Attendees: 19
This is a regular monthly meeting; so, come one, come all — beginners, too. RSVP early or as soon as you know you can make it.
Note: All NVUS Monthly Jams and Songs schedules kept to 4:00-6:00 pm at sponsor’s request. Also, at sponsor’s request, moved to 5th Sunday.
NVUS Song books are online in our file folders. These are arrangements specifically for NVUS use at jams and performances.
- Admin/Announcements: We will try to do admin (like go over uke fest and upcoming concerts, workshops, etc.) at the very beginning; and a reminder at the end.
- Society members led songs: Make sure you bring copies up to the front table that is reserved for the NVUS jam leader and sound lead. Minimum copies should be around 15 (~1 per table). Ideally, 1 per person. Optimally, 75% of those who RSVP’d. Remember to post your song to the Society files (“Monthly Jams Folder”).
- Signature songs: Will be played some time during the entire jams meeting. In general, you can count on Sweet Wahine being the last song we play. Since every one is warmed up and bashfulness tossed aside, should get more solo players, right?
Society Member Led Songs:
- Know your song enough — this isn’t lessons but a jam session. Also, you “CAN” just jump into a song, but a well led song has generally 3 parts: An Intro, The song, and the ending/outro. Think about and give attending advanced and intermediate members a chance to solo in your song — if you’re comfortable with it.
- Help your fellow members — announce the key, progression if you know it, strum if you can describe it (e.g. Calypso/Do Wop – DxDUxUDU, etc).
- Help for You — There are always some brave Society members who would help, if you ask. If you want back up (UBass, Fills/Breaks, Harmony singing), it would be nice for you to pre-coordinate — but ask the leads, they might be able to wing it that day.
NVUS Leaders/Teachers Led Songs:
- Typically out of The Society song books — most common are Fox on the Run, Shady Grove, Molokai Slide, 5 foot 2, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, NVUS Banana Boat Song, My Little Grass Shack, and Under the Boardwalk, to name a few
- Lesson Exercise Songs — could be any one of the songs used in group lessons. These are usually found in the NVUS Jams Catalog
- Same as Society Member Led Songs — see above.
Key to jams — Keep it simple, simple, simple; and play, play, play — and most of all
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Moses Kamai
- Donna Cozart
- Eric R
- Larry and Linda Burke
- Annette Delgado
- Mary Kay Stine
- Marianne Bernhard
- Alan Cyr
- John King
- David Bartell
- Shima Vosti
- Rivkah Bryk
- Jessica Suchecki
- Terry Durst
- Daniel Aloisi
- Linda B.
- Paul Vosti
- Jeffrey Bliss
Post the songs you want to lead in the files section and then mention them here for attendees to download and print
Not sure if my rsvp transmitted- I’m attending both & bringing 2 new guests. A couple of my previous guests have joined. Thanks for all you do. Pat
Pat, your RSVP didn’t take. You have to be logged onto the system before you can view the calendar and post an RSVP. If you’re friends are not yet members, add their number to your RSVP. Please remind your friends to RSVP on their own account, too.